My name is Alaina Wiens and really I’m just trying to do my part to make the web better. I want businesses, non-profits, service providers, and people to be equipped to make good digital decisions. I want the people in my (and every) community to get the information and resources they need. This mission manifests in a lot of ways.
Generally and professionally speaking:
Alaina Wiens is a marketing director, content strategist, and strategy consultant with a passion for digital equity. She is the human behind StrategyCar, an online community driving toward a better web. Drawing from more than 15 years of experience in marketing, communications, and strategic planning for nonprofit and higher education institutions, Wiens approaches each new project with equal parts optimism and systems approach.
More specifically, I’m currently focused on:
- StrategyCar, a community for web professionals committed to a better web supported by an online network
- The first season of the StrategyCar podcast, soon featuring a new microphone
- Marketing at the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce
- Workshop and presentation for HighEdWeb 2018 in Sacramento, California
- American Advertising Federation of Greater Flint
- Flint Smart City Initiative
- Consulting in marketing, branding, and strategic planning
- Researching and writing about: Collective impact, digital equity, and bridging data gaps